There was a time when I shared monthly updates throughout my little’s first year, but now that all resides on Instagram, #reidrainiermonthly. But, I figured 6 months was a worthwhile age for Reid to get an official blog check in … so, here it is!
Reid is an absolute dream. The sweetest, most content baby. He sleeps well, nurses well (takes bottles too!), and always has a smile ready, no teeth yet though! He adores his big brother and sister and they have loved bringing him into their adventures … and squabbles, because, #siblings. Seriously though, we couldn’t ask for a more laid back little guy. He bops along throughout the day no matter what we have going and has perfectly fit into our family. There is a high potential he is everyone’s favorite … Reid, we love you to bits and think you are the greatest!
At 6 months Reid loves …
- Sucking his thumb, nonstop
- Riding in the Tula
- Playing and laughing with Jemma and Max
- Inchworming after toys and shoes
- Splashing in the bath
- Burping right after he nurses
- Listening to “You Are My Sunshine”
- Taking morning naps in the downstairs bathroom with the fan on for white noise
- Stroller walks
He hates …
- Getting stuck in a corner or under the living room chair when he scoots too far from his play area
- When burps get stuck
- Getting his ears cleaned
He has eaten …
- Butternut squash with cinnamon
- Water, perhaps his favorite!
And, of course, we can’t forget Reid’s 6 month stats! We visited his pediatrician on the 12th and Reid weighed in at 25 pounds, 9 ounces and he is 29 1/4 inches long. You guys, he is a full FOUR POUNDS heavier than Jemma and Max were at this age! His weight and height put him in the 120th percentile (if that is even a thing) … at least he is proportionate!