Reid will always be the happiest way to begin a new year.
Being due in late December I thought for sure I’d have a Christmastime baby. But no, Reid had other plans and laid his mark on a different holiday – New Year’s Day! And that means this year, his first birthday, is his golden birthday! Reid turned 1 on January 1st and we count ourselves so blessed to have him in our family!
We celebrated with a snow themed birthday brunch, a winter one-derland, in honor of our sweet boy. It snowed. Reid ate breakfast casserole and tore tissue paper from his gifts. We found a secondhand PlasmaCar that I think he’ll grow to love over the next year and we got him a fabulous toddler Tula because backpacking around is his favorite.
As with all my babies, I cannot believe another year has passed. Here’s a whole snapshot of Reid week by week! He’s such a little love! Seriously, this little boy is the definition of baby fever, lol!
At 1 year old Reid …
- Weighs 28 pounds, 3 ounces and is 34 inches tall
- Loves brushing his teeth, taking baths, climbing the stairs, and eating crunchy snacks
- Sleeps almost 12 hours a night with 1-2 wake ups for a nurse or snuggle and naps once a day for about 2 hours snuggled between Max and I (family naps are how we roll!)
- Nurses 3-4 times a day
- Can say “mama” and “dada” and all sorts of babbling
- Just learned how to wave
- Has traveled a whole lot – to Yellowstone and Disneyland while I was pregnant and to Texas and Disneyland during his first year of life
- Has no interest in walking
- Is known as the happiest chill baby around
Happy birthday, Reid Rainier! Time better slow down because I’m not ready for you to inch towards 2!