To celebrate our latest little blessing Jemma and I trekked to the library to find some books about becoming a big sister.
Jemma is a total book girl. Most days she forgoes toys to flip through books and magazines. She “ooos” and “ahhhs” at animals, families, nature scenes, and goes crazy for books with touch ‘n feel features :) So, although she is just 16 months, I figured books would be the best way to begin talking about the new baby that will be moving in this August.
We found 4 fabulous books that each took a different spin on welcoming a baby …
But, best of all was Pecan Pie Baby! I won’t ruin the story, but will tell you that I appreciated the way the mama responded to her child’s concerns about a new baby. This mama found a common ground for the three of them (mama, toddler, and baby) to connect is a special way. It was super sweet and I hope to find a similar way for Jemma and I to envelope a new baby into our special bond.
If you are interested in other blog posts about welcoming new siblings, these are a few of my recent read:
- Hobo Mama: Big-Sibling Books to Prepare for a New Baby
- Natural Parents Network: Welcoming a New Baby
- Mommy Loves Coffee: Tips to Help an Older Sibling Adjust to a New Baby
- Job Description: Mommy: Easing the “New Sibling” Transition
- Diary of a First Child: Books to Prepare Children Childbirth, Homebirth, or Waterbirth
Blog – GFC – Blog Lovin’ – Facebook – Twitter – Pinterest – Vote