- The 200 ounces I pumped and froze over my maternity leave can’t be used
- To be able to store milk I have to scald it which is quite the process
- I found out this week instead of next (I return to work on Monday)
- Jemma is taking a little bit of milk from a sippy cup; as long as it has fresh expressed or scalded milk … yeah! Nursing is still great. Excess lipase only effects pumped milk.
- After a few experiments I think my milk will hold in the fridge for 18 hours before the excess lipase makes it taste/smell bad
- I have great support from my local La Leche League leader
UPDATE! I was able to donate all my milk effected by excess lipase :) Read more about that here.