Ever since the want/need/wear/read philosophy for gift giving was born, I’ve tried to follow suite. It just makes sense! Especially for kids (and that gift guide is coming later this week!). Want/need/wear/read (with an extra category of “do” for experiences!) works well for mamas too, and in my case, just goes to show that I’m actually really content with what I have. Still, it’s fun to window shop and see what all new is coming out for the holidays. I hope you enjoy this round up of presents just for mamas! Pin it, forward it to your husband, and DEFINITELY let me know what’s on your wish list this year … I love to hear about the latest and greatest!
Over the years my want list seems to be getting more and more expensive. Especially as we continue to talk about building a house! But, this round up of a few wants all seem Santa-worthy, you know, if by chance he’s reading this …
- Birthstone Bar Necklace — I’m waiting until our family is for sure complete, but once it is, this is the necklace I want to represent my children!
- Kindle Paperwhite — I have another e-reader but it hasn’t held up too well, so I’m thinking it is about time to take the Kindle leap.
- Lily Jade Madeline — The Madeline is by far my favorite style of Lily Jade’s purses and now it’s available in gorgeous grey and jade. Swoon!
- Camera Strap — A new DSLR and lens has made their way into our family and now I’m aching for a unique camera strap!
- Turkish Bath Towels — I don’t need new towels, but gee, I’m swoony over these colors!
- Signature Magnolia Wreath — I snagged this during a 40% off sale, it’s truly gorgeous! I’m hoping there is another sale because I love the Laurel Wreath and Olive Stems too.
Need is sooooooo relative. I honestly have zero needs, but if I’m dividing my Christmas wish list between want and need, well, these are all a little more useful than the normal gift so we’ll say they’re more necessary …
- Damn Good Face Wash — The coconut oil and honey combo make this such a luxury. I’m almost due for a refill as it’s my favorite thing to smear on my face while reading in the bath tub :)
- Fanny Pack — Oh yes, I just added a fanny pack to my need list. Here’s the thing, when I’m out with all 3 kids and I’m wearing Reid on my back, I don’t always want to carry a big purse, I want a place to tuck the minimal necessities. Especially when we’re on little hikes. Trying to decide between this Hershel pack and this one from REI.
- Cuisinart Elemental 11-Cup Food Processor — The Pioneer Woman’s show has convinced me that to my kitchen needs a giant food processor. Years ago I had a much smaller one but it never fit all the ingredients I needed it too. But this one fits the bill!
- Winter Blend Haircare Set — This shampoo and conditioner from Maple Holistics is so refreshing that’s to a mint infusion. Need!
- The Seventy2 — I’m a prepper wannabe and this is not only amazingly brilliant, it’s chic too!
- SD Card Camera Reader — If you’ve ever wished you could move the photos from your camera to your phone for easy editing and posting, you need this! It has been a lifesaver for me!
- Squatty Potty — Not at all embarrassed to say that I have one. And I love it!
As we’re preparing to move I’ve been sorting my closet, selling what I no longer need (on Instagram if you’re interested!) and packing up seasonal things. That doesn’t mean I don’t have some wear wishes though …
- Lularoe Madison Skirt — Nothing beats a skirt with pockets. I have one and I need 10 more!
- Pistil Accessories — Pistil is my new, go-to for accessories likes socks and hats. And they’re local to me in the Northwest which is always fun!
- Sorel Out N About Waterproof Chelsea Boot — I’ll confess, I already bought these. I was skeptical at first, but they are officially 100% love! Half boots are my most grabbed shoe right now!
- Blanqi Highwaist Support Leggings — 50% off through the 24th, you better believe mine are on their way! Talk about postpartum perfection!
By now ya’ll know I’m a reader. I love books. I love receiving them as gifts, I love seeing them on my bookshelf, I love their smell, I love looking at them with my kids, I love setting reading goals, and I love sharing the joys of reading with friends. So, to say that the holidays should be full of books is 100% a given! I could give you a list of 100 books to consider, but for now, I’ll leave you with these four gift ideas for the read category of this year’s holiday gift guide …
- Commonwealth — I’ve loved so many of Ann Patchett’s book, it’s almost a given that this one will be a worthwhile read too.
- Truly Madly Guilty — Liane Moriarty is easily one of my top 5 authors. She grows amazing characters and tells the most fabulous stories.
- The Hand’s On Home: A Seasonal Guide to Cooking, Preserving & Natural Homekeeping — I checked this out from the library this Fall and fell in love. I don’t buy many books, but this one needs to make it into my home library.
- Book Of the Month Club — Books in the mail? What a lovely surprise! Sign up here and use code REFER50 for 50% off a 3 month subscription.
- What Do You Do All Day? — I just finished reading A Fireproof Home For the Bride and now I’ll be reading everything Amy Scheibe writes!
Experience gifts are my favorite! And honestly, I equally love time away from my kids and time with them so these experience ideas offer a mix of both!
- Massage or Facial — No explanation needed.
- Glamping Adventure — Did you see my post about Glamping Hub? So many amazing places to go!
- Broadway — Nothing beats fancy theater productions. I’ve loved everyone I’ve ever been blessed to see.
- Bowling — Laugh all you want, but bowling with my family is one of my favorite pastimes! Especially when Dom lets me use the bumpers :)
What’s on your mama wish list this year? Spill with your favorites! Nothing beats friend recommendations!
Some gift guide ideas were sponsored and affiliate links were included where appropriate. As always, I wouldn’t share if I couldn’t fully recommend!