What do you do when the little ones are tucked in bed for the night?
I quietly shriek a little because … IT’S MAMA TIME! Mama time is usually marked by a handful of activities – wrap up sewing projects, blog while watching Netflix, or grab a magazine and soak in the tub with my favorite bath salts. Most nights I should probably work on laundry or dishes, but nope, I’m busy all day long with home and babies and in order to survive I have to take time for myself to recover from the day and restore my heart for the next one.
Lately, reading has been my go-to. Not because I’m reading a good book, but because I have a mega stack of magazines stacked near the bath. I’ve given up on my 12 in 2012 book goal and switched to magazines as my reading pleasure; it just isn’t realistic to make it through entire books with the wee ones around. Se la vie.
Currently, PEOPLE Magazine is on the top of my stack. It has earned this place for a few reasons …
- I love escaping into the lives of celebrities, PEOPLE Magazine does a great job at showing the popular folk’s humanity.
- I collect many fun baby names for my stash of future children from the pages of PEOPLE Magazine. Plus, I recently read that two mini celebrities are also named Max – Christina Aguilera has Max Liron and Jennifer Lopez has Maximilian David. Such good taste I have :)
- There is no better place to find up and coming styles than PEOPLE Magazine. I know I go on and on about my days being full of yoga pants and sweatshirts, but I do occasionally dress up (hello, date night!) and when I do, I strive to be a hip mama.
- PEOPLE Magazine rocks at debuting new movies, TV shows, and music.
- And, when I need a bathroom break during the day and Jemma follows me, PEOPLE Magazine automatically turns into a fun game of eye spy … “Point to the hat, find a dog, show mama something red.” You get the drift :)
Yep, reading magazines in a warm bath are my saving grace these days. The perfect mama break that requires no expectations or long term commitment. A lovely connection to life beyond my norm.
Did you know PEOPLE Magazine’s Annual Sexiest Man Alive issue comes out November 15th? It will only be on stands for 2 weeks, so when you see it, grab a copy!
For a chance to win a $20 gift card to Walgreens … to buy a PEOPLE Magazine, of course :) leave a comment before midnight on November 18th answering these two questions, include your email too!
P.S. All this sexiness talk reminds me to give a shout out to the sexiest man around – my one and only, Dominic! No Ben or Liam could ever take your place, honey. XOXO!
Blog – GFC – Blog Lovin’ – Facebook – Twitter – Pinterest – Vote