|A 2 hour snooze sure makes the miles fly by!|
Traveling with little ones, no doubt, takes a bountiful supply of grace and patience. We’ve had our fair share of travels by plane, train, and automobile with Jemma in tow … starting with a train trip at 3 weeks old, a plane at 1 year, and countless road trips in between. I wouldn’t count myself an expert on any travel situation (especially since every child reacts differently to travel at different ages), but I have logged enough hours on the highway that I wanted to share a few of my favorite tips for road trip success.
- Prepare a Schedule – Knowing what you’re getting yourself in to is half the battle of a road trip. These tips are all definitely road trip winners:
- Leave home with a full tank of gas
- Route your trip and know your back-up plan
- Know your gas and food stops along the way, plan to run and play and use up some energy when you have the opportunity
- Aim for your long stretch to be during a for-sure naptime or even better, bedtime
- Know that things will change! Be flexible and enjoy the journey :)
- Pack Less-Mess Snacks – Sticky hands, spilled liquids, utensils … no thank you! Think less mess when packing road trips treats. Here are some of our current faves:
- Dried fruit
- Granola bars without chocolate bits, melted chocolate is the worst to clean up … I know
- Squeeze pouches with yogurt or fruit purees
- Bite-size crackers like goldfish and Annie’s bunnies
- Marshmallows – Jemma’s new favorite treat
- Veggie sticks
- Pre-filled sippy cups, and lots of them!
- Pepper Them With Interactive Activities – As you know, little ones play in 10 minute increments … if you’re lucky. Have lots of options within arm’s reach and be ready to keep the fun rollin :) We’ve had good times with these activities:
What are some of your kid-friendly traveling tips?
I was compensated for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
Sponsor details: Culturelle Kids helps reduce occasional digestive upset, supports their natural defenses, and provides a solution for digestive discomfort and poor health. Culturelle Kids also …
- Boosts digestive health which in turn has a positive impact on overall health and immunity
- Provides ongoing maintenance for a healthy digestive tract
- 70% of your immune system is in your digestive tract so a healthy and balanced digestive system plays a vital role in strengthening your child’s overall health and well being
Blog – GFC – Blog Lovin’ – Facebook – Twitter – Pinterest – Vote