|Little Miss Protein – meatballs are her #1|
I’m gonna go out on a limb and tell all you pregnant mamas that it’s time to eat for two.
Of course, eating for two needs to be a strategic activity. I’m not talking about bags of Cheetos (although, that does sound yummy). I’m talking about protein and lots of it … 80-100 grams each day! It’s hard to hit a goal like that, especially in the early weeks when smells can turn your tummy at a moment’s notice. But, hopefully some of these ideas will strike your fancy.
Here’s a handful of my protein favorites …
- Nut butters – peanut, almond, and cashew
- Add to toast in the morning
- Sandwiches with homemade preserves
- On celery or with an apple
- Greek yogurt
- Blend 1 can chickpeas + 2 T tahini + 2 T lemon juice + 1 T garlic + 1/2 C olive oil + 1/2 t cumin + 1/2 t paprika
- Make it extra special by adding in pesto or jarred red peppers
- Protein Berry from Fit Foodies. Happy Life.
- Jamba Juice’s Protein Berry Workout is one of my favorites! You can even ask for extra soy or whey protein.
- Choco-Nana-Berry Power Protein Shake from He & She Eat Clean
- Cottage cheese
- Free-range, organic meats
- Kalbi steak is one of my favorites
- Buffalo is one of the highest iron/protein options
- My mama made an almond-breaded chicken recently, hoping she will share here soon :)
- Trail mix
- Dutch Baby Pancakes
- Tacos, burritos or quesadillas
- Add lots of beans, meat, and cheese
- Homemade crockpot refried beans
- Cobb – chicken, bacon, ham, cheese, and hard-boiled egg
- Avocado Egg Salad from Skinny Taste
- Protein Power Salad from Oh She Glows
- Quinoa Chili from Code Name: Mama
- Tossed with chicken, parsley, pinenuts, and veggies
- Little quinoa patties from Whole Living
- Quinoa Protein Bars from Skinny Ms.
- Hard-boiled, deviled, egg salad, scrambled, quiche, frittata or omelets
- DESSERT from Loving Our Gut
Blog – GFC – Blog Lovin’ – Facebook – Twitter – Pinterest – Vote