Yesterday Dominic and I stole away after church to have a baby meeting. What is that you ask?
Well … a baby meeting is the the last ditch effort to make a list, prioritize, and delegate everything that must be done prior to baby’s arrival.
Flash back to our last baby meeting(s) … They happened almost weekly and accomplishing the list was one of our biggest goals in life. Jemma was due on October 9th and our final deadline for all baby related projected was September 12th. This included purchasing a car. All things revolved around baby meeting progress.
Now, present day … Brother is due in early/mid August and although we have both had an idea of what we need to finish, nothing has been in the least bit organized. This was our first official baby meeting, about 5 weeks pre-due date. We do not have a ton of time. I repeat, there is not much time left. Hence, we buckled down at our favorite little Italian joint and then splurged on a peanut butter milkshake to cap off the meeting.
To make headway on my responsibilities today I’ll be washing up all brother’s clothes, putting them away and building two nursing baskets – one for upstairs and one for downstairs.
On to the 34 week questionnaire …
- How big is baby? The size of a butternut squash, somewhere between 4-5 pounds, and roughly 18 inches
- Weight gain? Yep, I’m a little over 170 now … hoping this slows down, but truly when I’ll be nursing and running after a toddler I’m not super concerned about slimming back down. At least that is what I keep telling myself :)
- Maternity clothes? Of course! Some of my maternity pants are even getting uncomfortable around the waistband – dresses are becoming a daily necessity.
- Best moment this week? Snuggling brother on the inside and Jemma on the outside …
- Movement? At my last appointment my midwife was thinking brother had turned a bit transverse. Doesn’t surprise me – he is ALWAYS moving and apparently I have a lot of fluid which gives him ample wiggle room.
- Food cravings? Root beer and snicker doodle cookies
- Gender? Still a boy!
- What I’m looking forward to? We interviewed and chose a doula recently and she’s coming with us to our next midwife appointment. I’m excited for our whole birth team to meet!
- Shopping for? One item on the baby meeting list is a dresser … I’m searching Craigslist for the perfect one and Dominic is excited(?) to paint it for me :)
- Name ideas? I’m not questioning Max, it’s still my favorite, but we are going to entertain some other ideas. Dominic and I are planning another date to focus on names and hopefully narrow it down to a solid three.
- Reading? Nothing at the moment, I’m going to delve into a new novel soon I think.
- Weekly wisdom? The chiropractor works wonders for aching hips and everything else relaxin is loosening up
- Milestones? I think we may have found a church home! We’re going to give it 6 months and then reassess for sure, but things are looking good :)