If I were a sewing genius I would write up my own wool cover tutorial. But, since that isn’t even close to true I want to share a few of the wonderful tutorials already out there.
- Born to Love – Baby Bum Sweater Pattern
- Understanding Laura – Make Your Own Favorite Longies
- The Sewing Dork – How to Make Wool Soaker Pants
- Picture Tutorial: Making Recycled Fleece and/or Wool Longies
- Simply Serina – Recycled Wool Longies
- Vintage Childhood – How to Make Recycled Wool Longies
I tried my hand at these and through some trial and error (due to my issues, not the tutorials), I ended up with three pairs of adorable wool longies for Jemma.
Next time around I think I’ll change a few things:
- I’ll be sure to add elastic to the waist. I used the waist band of the sweater for each of mine which has some stretch, but I think they would fit more securely with elastic.
- I found conflicting information about felting versus not felting before sewing. I felted mine, but in the future I’ll try it without.
Have you made shorties or longies before? Please share! I’d love to see your finished product or hear what worked well for you!
Blog – GFC – Blog Lovin’ – Facebook – Twitter – Pinterest – Vote