At the end of Dr. Hoffmann-Smith’s vaccination class he gave parents 8 questions to help prevent vaccine reactions. I felt like this was really helpful information since I think we’ll end up pursuing some of the recommended vaccines. Dr. Hoffmann-Smith believes many vaccine reactions aren’t reported which then skews statistics and doesn’t alert the public to a potential vaccine problem. As a parent I feel it my responsibility to know what we are allowing into our child’s body. If we are educated on what reactions look like we’ll have a better chance at protecting our/other’s children.
8 Questions to Help Prevent Vaccine Reactions
- Is my child sick right now?
- Has my child had a bad reaction to a vaccine before?
- Does my child have a personal or family history of vaccine reactions? Convusions or neurologic disorders? Severe allergies? Immune System Disorders? A lot of antibiotics in the past?
- Do I know if my child is at high risk fo reacting?
- Do I have full information on the vaccine’s side effects?
- Do I know how to identify a vaccine reaction?
- Do I know how to report a vaccine reaction?
- Do I know the vaccine manufacturer’s name and lot number
If you missed my previous posts on vaccines you can find then here:
- Part 1: Seminar and Perspectives of Approach
- Part 2: Being a Skeptic
- Part 3: The Schedule(s)
- Part 4: Thoughts on Each Vaccine
I would love to hear your perspective on vaccines … what did you decide was best for your family? Was your doctor supportive? What resources (books, websites, etc.) did you use to make your decision?
Help us reach the first page on … it only takes 2 clicks and you can vote once each day! Baby (and mama) send lots of love and thanks your way :)
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)