We celebrated last night with a lovely dinner and church with Dominic’s parents. Today we’re driving to the property to mark trees that will need to fall. I’ll be sure to share more property pictures and Jemma in her freakin’ adorable Easter dress soon.
In the meantime, here I am at 22 weeks – last Sunday. Today I’m already 23 weeks! Time is flying!
|striped top c/o MamaSan Maternity Apparel|
Hey there little man …
Mama is having such a fun time with you tucked safely inside her belly. We’ve been really busy this week because Mimi and Aunt Kiki are on Spring Break. It was our plan to organize all the boy clothes we have collected and organize we did! You now have a couple bins of a few sizes of adorable clothes to wear once you make your grand appearance. You’ll be one stylin’ man!
I know you’re growing quite a bit because when I eat I don’t have as much room anymore. I’ve resorted to snacking alot more. Kind of like your big sister does :) Other pregnancy symptoms include super itchy skin – but that could be the changing weather too. I’ve been loading up on lotion lately and drinking extra water.
Our next appointment with our wonderful midwives is on April 18th and I can’t wait to hear the flutter of your heart.
Until then, I’ll feel your little kicks and punches …
I got tired of some of the normal questions that are the same week to week, so I deleted some and added a few new ones …
- How big is baby? A sweet, little papaya
- Weight gain/loss? 12 pounds
- Maternity clothes? Kind of a long story, but here it goes. When I was first pregnant with Jemma I weighed 155 pounds. After nursing and running after a toddler, I started this pregnancy at 137. So, I’m just now hitting 148-149 consistently which means my pre-Jemma clothes are still fitting pretty well. Although, I’m loving the length of maternity tops and hello, yoga pants are always a win.
- Best moment this week? Jemma wrapped her arms around my tummy and leaned in for a kiss and snuggle for her mama and brother
- Movement? Lots of bumps and flips, mostly at night when I’m sitting still or trying to fall asleep
- Food cravings? LEMONADE!
- Gender? A sweet little man
- What I miss? Nothing – the 20s are my favorite time of pregnancy!
- What I am looking forward to? I’m going to start working on a baby blanket – Jemma and I are going shopping for fabric soon!
- Shopping for? I’m assessing what we’ll need to boost our cloth diaper stash. I picked up one BumGenius FreeTime to see if that might be a good addition to our stash. I’ll be trying it out with sister this week!
- Name ideas? Max, Oliver, Reid, and Eli
- Reading? Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth
- Weekly wisdom? Focusing on the fear and worries of pregnancy and labor are counterproductive to the health and wellness I’m striving for. Positive thoughts!
- Milestones? Baby is most likely 1 pound and developing like crazy. Every day is a milestone :)
Blog – GFC – Blog Lovin’ – Facebook – Twitter – Pinterest – Vote
Deanna Fike says
i don't really care for lemonade at all, but during both of my pregnancies i really NEEDED it. it's all i wanted. i would even make it with lemon and packs of splenda when i was at work.
aw this was really, really cute to read! xx jes, newest follower from the PNW http://www.twosmuppies.com
Ashley Vos says
I love Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. I saw her speak last Mothers Day when I was 28 weeks pregnant with my son. It was awesome.
Lisa John says
Congrats and for sure you will have a baby boy. me to had the same bump! 1 week pregnant signs