- June 2007 – Working in the shop doing manual labor at a cabinet company
- September 2007 – Promoted into sales (an office and travel position) at the same company, received frequent raises, promotions and new responsibilities
- September 2009 – “Scalped” by a competitor for an engineering job in building industry
- March 2010 – Started his own financial consulting business on the side
- July 2010 – Moved into a human resources/admin management job at his former company
- January 2012 – Promoted in sales management which prompted our move in mid-2012
- April 2013 – Laid off, but just one month later was working again
- June 2013 – Accepted an admin manager role at a new (much better!) company
- November 2013 – Promotion discussions underway with talk of even building a new position just for him because multiple departments want to utilize his skill set
As an accredited university built on 75 years of experience,† Kaplan University offers a wide range of career-focused programs designed to develop the skills and knowledge leading employers seek. Our mission: to offer you the most direct educational path to achieve your goals.
Are you ready for a change? Learn more at kaplanuniversity.edu
* Kaplan University cannot guarantee employment or career advancement.
† Kaplan University is regionally accredited. Please click here for additional information about institutional and programmatic accreditation.