2 weeks … just 2 weeks!
That’s when my mom and I will be the most giddy ladies this side of the Mississippi. It’s not my birthday and we’re not going on vacation. WE’RE GOING TO THE JUST BETWEEN FRIENDS SALE IN PORTLAND!!!
Just Between Friends (JBF) is the premiere consignment event here in the Northwest. I have found more treasures through this sale than any where else. I mean, how could I not when there are 45,000 square feet of space filled with everything you need for pregnancy and beyond!
There are 3 ways to participate in JBF …
|A peek at my tagged clothing items|
- SHOP – Just Between Friends is Oregon’s best place to find top quality clothing, cribs, strollers, swings, toys & more at prices that are 50%-90% off retail. One gigantic place to buy and sell –twice a year. The upcoming sale is April 27-29 at the Portland Expo Center!
- CONSIGN – Consign items with JBF and you earn up to 70% on everything that sells! (less a $10 Consignor Fee). What a great way to clean out your closets and earn money! Consignors also get to shop at the Presale before the public! It isn’t too late to join as a consignor – register here!
- VOLUNTEER – Dedicated volunteers make this sale happen! Volunteers get to shop before the public (and even earlier than consignors) to get the best deals first! The more you volunteer, the earlier you shop. Also, consignors who volunteer earn an extra 5% on their items.
This will be the fourth event I’ve shopped and the second one I’ve consigned at. I volunteered last Fall, but with the baby bump and sweet toddler around I decided to just stick with shopping and consigning this time :)
In the past, I’ve scored some amazing deals as a shopper! Just to name a few … Sophie the Giraffe for $4, Tea Collection dresses for $5-$10 (a steal if you’ve ever hunted for these on eBay), a Tiny Tush wool diaper cover for $8 (regularly $28), and most of Jemma’s adorable clothes! During my first consigning experience (last Fall) I made $170; I’m not recalling exactly what I sold … a variety of clothes, some toys, and baby supplies I ended up not using while she was an infant. A portion of my income from the last sale will now fund my shopping this Spring!
Now, I’m going to divulge some of my top secret JBF tips, I hope they will help you find great treasures at the coming sale!
- Write out a shopping list. There are over 100,000 items being sold at the sale. If you walk in and begin wandering there is no doubt you will become overwhelmed. Before the sale, make a list of what you are looking for. Does your little one need summer shoes? Are you on the hunt for potty training books and videos? Are last year’s swimsuits too small? Make a list and hit those sections first. Once you have what you need, let the browsing begin … because I promise you’ll find other items you can’t pass up! Making a list also helps stay within your budget :)
- Take an assistant. My mom is my consignment buddy. She gets her Christmas shopping done for the grandkids (at pennies on the dollar!) and I have someone to run ideas by.
- Make a plan for the kids. If you baby, toddler, or children will be in tow you’ll want to coordinate their mode of transportation (babywearing or stroller), snacks, and some helping hands. I do not recommend going alone with the kids – an assistant (grandma, aunt, friend) is 100% necessary! It takes a few hours to see everything at JBF, plus the wait in line. If you can, leave the little ones at home.
- Know your price point. How do you know if you’re getting a good deal? This goes back to your list. When I’m looking for very specific items, I’ll research them beforehand. For example, I’m in the market for Salt Water sandals for Jemma and my niece. My sister-in-law and I are planning to collect Salt Waters in every size for the girls so they always have a pair on hand. I know that they run between $30-$35 retail which means I’ll pay anywhere from $5-$15 depending on the condition. This is also very true when shopping for used cloth diapers. I know my favorite brands, what version is currently being produced, and what I’m willing to pay based on the condition of the velcro/snaps, PUL, gussets, etc.
- Understand full-price versus discount day. When you assess a price tag look to see if there is a star beneath the price. If there is, that item will not go 50% off on Sunday. If you love it, buy it now! If it’s one you are debating on, go ahead and leave it behind and return on Sunday when everything (without a star) goes 1/2 off! As a consignor, I let almost all of my items go 1/2 off. Way better to move inventory/clear my spare room than cart unsold items home.
For more tips I highly recommend reading JBF’s super helpful FAQ, there is a section specific to shoppers, consignors, and volunteers. I’d also review the sale schedule and bring enough cash to cover parking ($8, or $7 for carpooling with 3+ people); or take the MAX to avoid parking.
And, last, but not least … are you questioning if consignment sales are for you? Before deciding, read this awesome article from Angela at Frugal Living Northwest, 7 Reasons Why I’ve Ditched Garage Sales for Consignment Events for My Kid’s Clothes. I’m totally on board with her!
Are you getting excited for the sale? Counting down the days like I am? If so, I’ve got great news! JBF Portland is giving away 2 Prime Time Shopping Passes! This means you and a family member/friend will get to shop before the public, starting on Friday, April 27th at 9am!!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Blog – GFC – Blog Lovin’ – Facebook – Twitter – Pinterest – Vote
Jennifer Hall says
Thanks for the tips, Gretchen! I haven't been to this sale yet. ~Jennifer Hall
Tasha Bossio says
I have not attended Portland's JBF sale, but definitely counted down to our sale here in Lubbock. I have scored some great deals and am excited about consigning at our next sale in August.
I cannot wait!!! I'll be shopping for everything I can find including gifts and necessities for my 4 kids!!! love JBF
Summer Schmidgall says
I'm so excited for the sale! I'm hoping to find toys, organic clothes & PJ's, cloth diapers, & things I haven't thought of yet ;)
Hats and swimsuits for my boys. We're really looking forward to it.
I have decided to rope my grandma into driving down for the day with me :) she doesn't know this…but I'm sure she will be game!
That's so awesome :) You'll love it!!!
women in wheelchairs and dating http://loveepicentre.com/ window glass thickness dating technique
[p]UGG Australia is very typical . They were [url =http://www.classicuggsbootssale.co.uk]classic ugg boots sale[/url] not the most attractive ?or complicated ?kind of footwear . With a small phenomenon, a willingness to drop yearlong hours online and in discount stores, you can deed a ungenerous Ugg blow . Nike Shox R4 sneakers are 1 in a line of Nike goods that prominently characteristic that big swoosh that has built the Nike brand well known even in Barack Obama's grandmother's Kenyan village . This combination of sheepskin on the outside and a layer of fleece on the inside keep [url =http://www.kidsuggbootsinuk.co.uk]genuine ugg boots uk[/url] your feet either warm and dry for the reason that fleece wicks away all the moisture from your feet and prevents them from getting too hot in the event the temperature rises . They're significant [url =http://www.uggclassictallsand.co.uk]ugg classic tall 5815[/url] glasses employed to act cool . They first appeared on the famous feet of fashionable-conscious celebrities like Kate Hudson and Pamela Anderson, which meant they were also appearing on the covers of countless magazines . It is a cold season . Popular cheap ugg boots for sale all over the world, from young to old, from the fashionable lady to sport men, from the western countries people to eastern countries people, you can find a lot people wear the ugg boots sale cheap.[/p][p]The fleece draws away moisture, keeping the feet dry and at body temperature . Thus to [url =http://www.uggbootsoutletclearance.co.uk]ugg boots outlet uk[/url] avoid that, always keep in mid to purchase from retailers that offer clear and large pictures of their products . Nevertheless, Nike adult shoes is renowned all about the world that uncommon internet web site introduce Kids shoes as their critical [url =http://www.genuineuggaustraliasale.co.uk]ugg gloves sale[/url] products . With some considerable development messages in mind, you are going to be self-assurance to go in the direction of the industry for the clothes, hats, watches, glasses, bags as well as shoes . It will meet for the next six months to extensively study best practices from national experts on high school reform and receive input on workforce development issues from local and national corporate leaders, economists and job-force training experts . And I think UGG boots, which are very [url =http://www.uggclassicshort5825.co.uk]ugg classic short boots[/url] warm and comfortable is the best choice . Ugg boots Sydney is known for their authenticity and superb comfort . High quality and fashion style,meet the wants of individuals World Health Organization love sports, we provide hot summer massive, massive discounts and clearance, you're welcome to shop for, you will find your favorite here.[/p]
OknYee [url <a href="http://=http://onnrainnmcm.com/#83691%5DMCM[/url]” target=”_blank”>=http://onnrainnmcm.com/#83691]MCM[/url] KmxRgd http://onnrainnmcm.com/ TqrRma [url <a href="http://=http://mcmsenmon.com/#82448%5DMCM” target=”_blank”>=http://mcmsenmon.com/#82448]MCM バッグ[/url] VpvUnk http://mcmsenmon.com/ HjzGwy [url <a href="http://=http://ninnkimcm.com/#23763%5DMCM” target=”_blank”>=http://ninnkimcm.com/#23763]MCM iphoneケース[/url] IhlIbw http://ninnkimcm.com/ EcsDmh [url <a href="http://=http://kaidokumcm.com/#35660%5DMCM” target=”_blank”>=http://kaidokumcm.com/#35660]MCM 韓国[/url] UfsHep http://kaidokumcm.com/ SavLsq [url <a href="http://=http://manzokumcm.com/#53462%5DMCM” target=”_blank”>=http://manzokumcm.com/#53462]MCM リュック[/url] EirPts http://manzokumcm.com/ JhkArf http://chloenihon.com/ BowAvq [url =http://chloenihon.com/]クロエ ネックレス[/url] IvsM http://toumikousin.com/ FsaPZ [url =http://toumikousin.com/]TUMI 96141[/url] MgkDwN http://toumikakaku.com/ AkzYhBZ [url =http://toumikakaku.com/]TUMI ショルダー[/url] ZusDeb [url =http://mcmhannbai.com/]MCM 通販[/url] FuxDuy [url =http://mcmhannbai.com/]MCM 店舗[/url]
IbqJvt [url <a href="http://=http://onnrainnmcm.com/#81281%5DMCM” target=”_blank”>=http://onnrainnmcm.com/#81281]MCM キーケース[/url] AejYoj http://onnrainnmcm.com/ XjmXpw [url <a href="http://=http://mcmsenmon.com/#40055%5DMCM” target=”_blank”>=http://mcmsenmon.com/#40055]MCM iphoneケース[/url] SqkBvg http://mcmsenmon.com/ DzzSnc [url <a href="http://=http://ninnkimcm.com/#41019%5DMCM” target=”_blank”>=http://ninnkimcm.com/#41019]MCM キーケース[/url] NnoKdy http://ninnkimcm.com/ BxdPpl [url <a href="http://=http://kaidokumcm.com/#35363%5DMCM” target=”_blank”>=http://kaidokumcm.com/#35363]MCM iphoneケース[/url] BzoOgk http://kaidokumcm.com/ AhcDox [url <a href="http://=http://manzokumcm.com/#80719%5DMCM” target=”_blank”>=http://manzokumcm.com/#80719]MCM 長財布[/url] VqjTgd http://manzokumcm.com/ PrvIjs http://chloenihon.com/ BqkUwi [url =http://chloenihon.com/]クロエ キーケース[/url] PvpX http://toumikousin.com/ YpxBV [url =http://toumikousin.com/]TUMI 財布[/url] TihVdI http://toumikakaku.com/ MdqWaFQ [url =http://toumikakaku.com/]TUMI 96141[/url] JtnAch [url =http://mcmhannbai.com/]MCM キーケース[/url] QlfBev [url =http://mcmhannbai.com/]MCM キーケース[/url]
windows 7 compatibility with software http://buysoftwareonline.co.uk/category-100-114/O… small business finance software [url =http://buysoftwareonline.co.uk/product-37140/Spectrogram-15-3-Full-Edition]dvr software for vivo card[/url] dvr digital video recorder dvr software [url =http://buysoftwareonline.co.uk/category-100-111/System-Tools?page=22]System Tools – Software Store[/url] drop info software [url =http://buysoftwareonline.co.uk/product-15524/DropDMG-2-8-Mac][img]http://buyoem.co.uk/image/3.gif[/img][/url]
[url =http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/catalogue/l.htm][img]http://onlinemedistore.com/12.jpg[/img][/url] state pharmacy laws http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/pletal.htm dillon stores store 49 pharmacy 49 [url =http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/sinemet.htm]genes pharmacy[/url] pharmacy university grade requirements http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/categories/weight-lo… suzies pharmacy in progreso mexico [url =http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/kamagra-oral-jelly.htm]kamagra oral jelly[/url] which pharmacy in dubai sells steroids http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/kytril.htm medigold pharmacy providers [url =http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/lipitor.htm]hotel pharmacy refills[/url] medicaid pharmacy carve out cost analysis http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/pepcid.htm pharmacy benefits manager [url =http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/omnicef.htm]omnicef[/url]
Hi there Dear, are you actually visiting this web site regularly, if so after that you will absolutely obtain nice experience.Feel free to visit my web-site miu miu 財布
Your style is really unique compared to other folks I've read stuff from. Thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this site.Look at my website – miu miu 新作
Excellent blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?I'm hoping to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything. Would you suggest starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I'm completely overwhelmed .. Any recommendations? Bless you!my web blog :: トリーバーチ アウトレット
Hey there, You have done an incredible job. I'll definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I'm sure they'll be benefited from this website.My webpage :: <a href="http://www.letsexplorelaos.com” target=”_blank”>www.letsexplorelaos.com
I'm extremely impressed along with your writing talents as smartly as with the format for your weblog. Is that this a paid theme or did you modify it your self? Either way keep up the nice high quality writing, it is uncommon to look a nice weblog like this one today..Also visit my site … ミュウミュウ財布
We stumbled over here different page and thought I may as well check things out.I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking over your web page for a second time.my web-site … ミュウミュウ新作
Hello to every one, the contents present at this web page are in fact remarkable for people knowledge, well, keep up the good work fellows.Here is my homepage blog.tabletbrasileiro.com
You could definitely see your skills in the article you write.The sector hopes for even more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to mention how they believe. At all times go after your heart.Check out my weblog :: chloe バッグ
Do you have any video of that? I'd love to find out some additional information.Feel free to visit my web page :: クリスチャンルブタン
I'm not sure exactly why but this site is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a issue on my end? I'll check back later and see if the problem still exists.My homepage: miu miu 財布
Thanks very nice blog!Look at my weblog クロエ アウトレット
Thanks for sharing.Visit our medicines.kamagra oral jelly
order modalert 100mg says
wonderful post :)