It’s not every day I dress up.
Back in my working mama days I considered almost every day a special event – a day to pull together my shiz, find a cute outfit, put on make-up, and welcome the world with a smile. Now, my baby loves me just the way that I am, my baby loves me just the way that I ammmmm! Both my husband baby and my toddler baby :)
Aw, yes. Motherhood is special. It is SO special. A priceless event that starts at the first sign of pregnancy and lasts … well, forever. Every day I’m blessed to be with my sweet girl planning special events of our own; things like trips to play group, the library, grocery store, and culinary classes (also known as, preparing dinner). It’s not like it used to be – frequent date nights, dinner auctions, and fancy get-togethers, but I’m quickly realizing that a special event is whatever I make it. It’s special when I say it is. And right now, I’m choosing to make every day I spend as a wife and mama a special day … a very special day.
There isn’t as much glitz and glam as there used to be, but specialness is dictated by what you do or where you go. It’s who you are with. Can I get an, “Amen!”?
So, how do I get ready for all these special days with my favorite people?
Well, it often starts in the bathroom with a short, but effective primp routine. I’ve never shared my favorite beauty products and I’m excited to give you a sneak peak at what fills Jemma’s bathroom play drawers … I mean, my bathroom drawers :)
In the Shower …
Walgreen’s is pretty fab at having super sales that match up with coupons. I pretty much love that. Recently I scored Organix Teatree Mint Shampoo and Conditioner on a BOGO sale. Smells like heaven and the teatree helps with my preggo dry scalp.
On My Face …
My daily make-up includes …
- Under-eye and blemish concealer
- Covergirl Clean Sensitive Skin Pressed Powder – I have the Classic Ivory color right now and can’t believe how white I am in March! Bring on the sun!!!
- Covergirl Eyshadow Trio in Shimmering Sands, Arena Brillante, and Savle Chatoyant. If I’m going out this is where I really spruce things up – on a normal day I stick with the lighter colors, but if I am going out for a date night I’ll blend all three – it is seriously the best trio Covergirl has! On my last Walgreen’s trip I also picked up a Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Eyeshadow as something new to try.
- Covergirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in black – I use this to line my top and bottom lid, lighter on the bottom, and a little heavier on the top. I’ve gone back and forth with this eyeliner and a liquid one, but for now I’m liking the pencil as I can smudge it a little.
- And, no matter what I’m doing or where I’m going, I can’t miss a thick coat of Covergirl Lash Blast in black!
- For lips I stick with a colored chapstick or gloss, my favorite comes from Burt’s Bees. The acai berry flavor/color – I could eat it!
Everywhere else …
Can’t forget the essential tweezing from my trusty Tweezerman Tweezers followed by a round of Yes to Carrots Moisturizer – love their products and often share with Jemma as she is really into whatever mama is doing. My nails are never painted, but my toes always are … I’m in love with the color Cute As a Button from Essie! Aren’t you?
When you dress up extra special, what are your favorite products? How about the every day? I’d love to hear about your favorites!
Blog – GFC – Blog Lovin’ – Facebook – Twitter – Pinterest – Vote