Happy Valentine’s Day, friends!
If this bread doesn’t say, “I love you” – I don’t know what does! I’m borderline obsessed with these paper pans. I found these aqua heart ones at World Market and couldn’t leave without them. I love this design too, so classy.
Let it be known – mini bundts are the wave of the future. What cupcakes were to the last few years, mini bundts will be to 2014 and beyond. I mean, does it get more darling?
CHOCOLATE COCONUT PEANUT BUTTER BREAD
Inspired by this recipe
- 2/3 cup Wild Friends Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter, divided into two 1/3 cups
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 bananas, very ripe
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk (learn to make your own here)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, sweetened
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1/3 cup peanut butter and butter together in the microwave. Blend well with brown sugar, bananas and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Pour half dry ingredients into the banana mixture, then add half of the buttermilk. Mix and then add the rest of the dry ingredients and the rest of the buttermilk. Blend batter well.
- Pour batter into baking dish – either 1 loaf or 3 mini bundt cakes.
- Microwave remaining 1/3 cup of peanut butter and drop on top of batter. Swirl/spread with a knife.
- Sprinkle coconut and chips on top.
- Bake a loaf for 55 minutes or mini bundts for 40 minutes. Test with a toothpick to be sure.
And of course, I couldn’t sign off without wishing a very Happy Valentine’s Day to my valentine … love you!