- In a large bowl, mix oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, flax and salt. Set aside.
- Chop pecans, and toast coconut (here’s steps from another fave recipe if you need them – I’ve been using toasted coconut so much lately that I’ll do up a whole batch and keep it in a mason jar so it’s ready to grab and use all the time!). Add pecans, half of the toasted coconut and chocolate chips to dry ingredient mixture.
- In a corner of your dry ingredient bowl pour milk, egg, and vanilla. Whip together and then fully incorporate.
- Slice bananas and gently fold into mixture.
- Thoroughly cover the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with Country Crock. This is a really important step because it reduces sticking. Plus, Country Crock has 0g trans fat per serving, no partially hydrogenated oils and no cholesterol.
- Pour oatmeal batter into baking dish and sprinkle with remaining coconut and a few dashes of cinnamon. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees. Or, refrigerate uncooked, but covered, overnight and bake in the morning!
So, tell me … are you a breakfast for dinner kind of person? I totally am! Plus, adding a side of eggs and bacon even made this a husband approved meal :)