If this doesn’t affirm my excitement for a waterbirth I don’t know what will!
Hip Chick Pregnancy Guide wrote …
The following are some interesting statistics about waterbirthing.
- The women had shorter labors
- Cervical dilation was more efficient – 2.5 cm/hour compared with 1.25cm/hour for mothers who did not take advantage of water during their labors
- The descent of the babies was twice as fast
- The women reported less pain
- The cesarean section rate was 1/3 that of traditional hospital births
- Mother labeled “high-risk” because of high blood pressure showed a dramatic reduction in their pressure within minues of immersion in the pool