Upon becoming Texans my sister-in-law introduced us to the most wonderful side dish. Ya’ll, corn casserole is absolutely delicious! Truly my favorite thing when we get together for a meal.
This dish is perfect with Mexican fare, holiday spreads, and, of course, all things barbecue. My personal favorite is a big ol’ scoop on the side of a pulled pork sandwich with fresh coleslaw and crunchy chips.
I won’t go on and on because I know you’re just here for the recipes. So, without further ado … here’s your ingredient shopping list and the simple directions for mixing up a corn casserole of your own.
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour into a large, greased baking dish (or Texas-shaped cast iron!)
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
If you need a Texas-shaped cast iron like yours truly you can get it from H-E-B for just $20! It’s also here, but I’d ship you one before letting you spend that much, loL!