I keep a running list of books I want on Amazon.
It is large. And long. And adds up to hundreds of dollars. Hence, it’s my wish list. Not my buy list. I use it for reference all the time though. At the homeschool secondhand store, at Goodwill, and now, at Book Outlet.
The other day I compared my wish list to the books available on Book Outlet and ended up ordered seven books for a fraction of their retail cost.
Here’s what I scored for just $38.21 (after the promo and stacking sale I share below):
- You Are Home: An Ode To National Parks, $6.49 on Book Outlet, $11.99 on Amazon — This was a Caldecott book in 2019 and we checked it out from the library and loved it. It’s one I’m excited will be part of our home library now! The illustrations are amazing!
- Pocket Full of Colors: The Magical World of Mary Blair, Disney Artist Extraordinaire, $8.09 on Book Outlet, $9.89 on Amazon — Again, one we’ve checked out from the library a lot and have always wanted.
- The Gardener and the Carpenter: What the New Science of Child Development Tells Us About the Relationship Between Parents and Children, $7.09 on Book Outlet, $11.53 on Amazon — I listened to a podcast with this author almost two years ago and the concept has stuck with me. I suspect it’s a book I’ll take longer than the library’s three week limit to read so it’s one I won’t mind owning.
- The House at Pooh Corner Deluxe Edition, $8.69 on Book Outlet, $10.50 on Amazon — We needed this for Jemma’s Brave Writer study. There was a cheaper paperback version, but we liked this cover better so spent a little extra :)
- The Circle Maker Devotions For Kids, $6.49 on Book Outlet, $9.98 on Amazon — The whole Circle Maker series is wonderful! Mark Batterson has such great insight on prayer.
- Time of Wonder, $3.29 on Book Outlet, $6.99 on Amazon — Each term of our homeschool year (we have five) we study a new author or illustrator. Coming up is Robert McCloskey so I was happy to scoop up this book.
- Galaxy Girls: 50 Amazing Stories of Women In Space, $4.89 on on Book Outlet, $10.99 on Amazon — Jem saw this book at the flight museum and since we’re studying space this year I know it’s one we’ll all enjoy browsing.
I linked each book to Amazon because the stock at Book Outlet comes and goes pretty often. That way you can read more about each book if you’d like and add them to you Amazon wish list if they’re ones you want too :) Book Outlet gets their inventory from publisher’s excess and store returns, so there stock is new (unless noted otherwise), but not consistent. You just have to watch. Kinda of like book thrifting! Always a surprise!
All that to say, if you see something you need on Book Outlet, don’t wait! Keep a running wish list and then check Book Outlet often to see if you can score your book dreams on super sale!
If you’re new to Book Outlet, kick off your browsing with this $10 off $25 purchase coupon. You can stack that with free shipping (if your subtotal is $35+) and a 5% Rakuten* reward too. Basically, sale upon sale upon sale. YES!
*Rakuten is the new name for eBates. If you haven’t signed up for them yet you can earn SO MUCH from online shopping simply by visiting Rakuten before you check out online. My last PayPal deposit from Rakuten was $72.81! New Rakuten members can earn $10 after they make their first purchase so don’t forget to double dip on savings there.