Pasta is such a dear.
A dear, old, delicious friend.
My love for pasta runs deep and seeing that I married into an Italian family, my kids are getting the pasta love from both sides. Granted, Max loves mac ‘n cheese most of all right now, but Jemma joins me in “fancy pasta” meals pretty regularly. She’s my girl through and through.
With rich cheese and creamy sauce, this recipe is a staple around here! Sometimes we eat it with grilled veggies tossed in, other times with meatballs or parmesan-crusted chicken. No matter what you choose, the pasta and sauce is the heart of this cozy, comfort food.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 package spaghetti noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Dash of sea salt
- Prepare spaghetti noodles according to package instructions.
- In a large cast iron pan melt butter. Add diced onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add flour and whisk together. Add cream, wine, Italian seasoning, and salt. Bring to a slow simmer and add 1/2 cup of parmesan. Combine with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Drain pasta, do not rinse, and pour into sauce. Gently toss to coat the noodles. Plate and sprinkle parmesan on top.
And yes, I may be a little heavy handed with the parmesan. But what can I say, I love cheese almost as much as I love pasta.