If you’re anything like me, sometimes it is so freakin’ overwhelming to wake up in the morning with 64,000 chores calling your name. Lately, I’ve been breaking things into more manageable bites and have seen a wee bit more success and organization ’round these parts. Wee, as in a little. But in order to encourage myself on to bigger and badder housekeeping efforts, yes, badder, I have to start somewhere!
Without further ado, I bring you ten 10 minute chores that can easily fit into a day or two of your regular happenings …
- Wash the shower curtain /// I have this fabric shower curtain, which I love, but it does need to be washed every few months. I do a splash of soap, splash of bleach, press start on a cold wash and it comes out super fresh!
- Vacuum the couch cushions /// Can anyone say “Cheerios”?
- Reorganize the under sink cabinet /// Is your under sink cabinet a catch all for random cleaning supplies and reusable bags? Ours is!
- Dust photos /// The tops and little ledges catch dust like no other. Dust those babies up!
- Freshen your mattress /// Gather sheets for washing and while the mattress is clear freshen it up!
- Cleanse the fridge /// Sadly, if you’re me this may take more than 10 minutes, but it should only take 10 minutes if I stay up on it. Pull expired food, wipe down shelves with a vinegar rinse and add a new box of baking soda to keep things fresh.
- Clean bath toys /// Not the most fun project, but a good one to keep the mold away and our babies healthy + happy.
- Paperwork sort /// I have a catch all space on my desk and it gets overrun with coupons, reference papers and more. I actually love to organize this space, recycle some, file some and add other pieces to my to-do list so they can move off my plate.
- Assess the pantry /// Another chore I “enjoy”. Looking in the pantry, dreaming up meals and saving on groceries as we eat through the pantry stock.
- Wipe baseboards /// Uh. Dominic always brings this up and I prefer to look over it. But, if I tackle one room at a time, they should stay dust free!
What bits of housekeeping can you accomplish in 10 minutes?
Just remember, the appearance of your home isn’t a true reflection of you. That’s the most important thing to keeep in mind about housekeeping. xoxo