Something about summer literally makes my mouth water for Mexican food. Especially salsa.
This recipe is from my dear friend, Charissa, and is hands-down the ultimate salsa. May I introduce … BLACK BEAN SALSA! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2-15 oz cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-15 oz can of corn, drained
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup lime juice, start with that, but you usually need more especially if it sits for awhile
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 small chopped red onion
Mix everything together in a large bowl and I promise you won’t be disappointed! I highly recommend eating it with those bright green guacamole chips if you’re going the dipping route. It is also fabulous atop burrito bowls or on nachos!
Blog – GFC – Blog Lovin’ – Facebook – Twitter – Pinterest – Vote