From weeks 7-12 of this pregnancy I didn’t cook much at all. Like nothing. We ate out, defrosted all the freezer meals I had stored, and ate cereal.
But, I’m back at it. I suppose all Tivo’d Ten Dollar Dinners and The Pioneer Woman finally got to me. It’s not that I really have the energy to cook yet, but at least the smell of something in the oven doesn’t make gag.
So, here’s my (more like my mama’s) EASY BREEZY FRITTATA recipe. It’s super customize-able and perfect for a quick breakfast for dinner kind of day.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cheese
CUSTOM OPTIONS …
- The Hungry Man: 1 diced baked potato + 5 pieces cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage + 6 slices cooked & crumbled bacon
- Veggie Delight: 2 cups spinach + 3/4 cup drained salsa (or a mix of tomatoes and onions)
- Jemma’s Favorite: 1 cup spinach + 5 pieces cooked & crumbled breakfast sausage + dash of garlic
- Crust: If you want to turn your frittata into a quiche, just had a roll out pie crust :)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine eggs, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Layer cheese + your custom options in a pie dish.
- Pour egg mixture on top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the egg mixture is set.