Hi! It’s Jemma!
I recently welcomed Corinne Tan, the 2022 American Girl of the Year, to my doll family and am popping into my mom’s blog to share all about her!
Corinne’s full name is Mei Ling Tan and she is the first ever Chinese American Girl doll. Isn’t that great? Corinne and her family live in Aspen, Colorado. I haven’t been there before but after reading Corinne’s story I can’t wait to visit – Aspen sounds amazing! Anyways, in the book, Corinne, she really wants to learn how to train a search and rescue dog. Then she gets Flurry! Flurry is the cutest mixed breed dog who proves to be a true rescuer. I won’t spoil the story, but Corinne and Flurry are definitely the best of friends after their mountain adventure.
Corinne, Flurry, the town of Aspen, and all the winter weather in Corinne’s story inspired me to create a cookie recipe. For a snowy touch, we dusted each chocolate cookie with powdered sugar. You might think that it’s too late in the year for a snow-inspired cookie BUT it actually snowed at my grandma’s house this week! And hey, you can eat any kind of cookie all year round! Especially when they are as delicious as these. I hope you try out my recipe soon!
Chocolate Snow Dust Cookies
- 1/2 cup salted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar separate, for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars on medium speed. Add egg and blend. Then vanilla.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredient mix a little at a time to the wet ingredients in the stand mixer on low speed until just combined.
- With a dough scoop, scoop the dough into your hand and gently roll and press lightly into a disc. Place on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops crack. Immediately dust with powdered sugar – a fine mesh sieve works well. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack.
My favorite things about Corinne are her teal meet ‘n greet boots with the pom poms – they are so fun and go on and off easy. I also love the highlights in her hair. When you brush it they really pop. Flurry is one of the cutest American Girl pets I have. I love how soft she is and that she comes with a backpack and a few other accessories.
Oh, and one more really cool thing about Corinne is that American Girl created her little sister to go with her! Gwynn is the size of a Wellie Wisher, but not part of that line up – she’s just part of Corinne’s collection. I think she is super cute and I really hope that American Girl keeps making other dolls her size. That was such a great idea! If I had a little sister I would definitely get her Gwynn, but I just have my four brothers and they don’t want a doll … they just want more cookies, lol!!!