|Jemma’s 18 month photo shoot from Yuen Lui|
Sweet Girl …
You and mama have found such a lovely routine! I have some of my energy back and it has allowed us to have lots of fun :) Home days are by far our favorites. The ones where we lounge in jammies over a hot breakfast, snuggle all morning and then drift off to sleep for a morning nap. People absolutely underrate the beauty of not showering until the afternoon :)
I’m so impressed by all you are learning these days. You’re a little copycat and I need to be more mindful of what you see me do – sometimes you try to help with such grown-up things! Your bravery has no limits and you are blossoming before my eyes. It’s such a blessing to be your mama. The Lord knew exactly what he was doing when he gave you to Daddy and I – you’re the perfect fit for our family!
- Collecting things in her basket, grocery cart, or bags and then sitting down to re-discover her treasures. She especially likes to do this will her sippies. I found 4 in a basket recently!
- At the beginning of last month I asked her to please come lay down for a diaper change. She looked at me, walked my way, laid down on her tummy, and flipped over right on top of her diaper. She understands SO MUCH MORE than I give her credit for.
- Jemma is following directions so well! I’ll ask her to close a door and she does, or sit down and she’s on the floor, or lay down for a diaper change and the next thing I know she’s crawling on the floor and rolling over! Communication is a lovely thing!!!
- She has been watching me get ready in the morning much more intently. She now asks for a squirt of face lotion and she rubs it on her cheeks and down her neck just like I do :)
- When she wakes up in the morning or from a nap she finds my face and gives me a big “mwah” kiss. She has also started giving three kisses at a time … one on each cheek and then the lips :)
- Not sure if this is a favorite moment, but for sure memorable! Jemma is getting super quick at crawling down the stairs. I was switching laundry upstairs and she started heading down. A minute later when I walked downstairs I found her sitting on top of the kitchen table typing away on my laptop!
- Getting and giving zerberts – the ones she gives are very spitty :)
- She has become a little climber! She likes to climb on top of the foot stool, hop off the other side, and do it all again
- Shrugging her shoulders to music
- Typing on Daddy’s calculator
- Coloring – she is obsessed! We have only had one coloring mishap where she found a pen and tried to decorate her play kitchen. Other than that, she finds her dog coloring book (50 cents at Target) and shakes it at me until I produce a crayon :)
- Sitting at her little desk and doing puzzles, coloring, eating, or reading books
- Holding things to her ear and “talking on the phone” – she pauses for the other person, laughs at what they say, and continues babbling
- She has become very attached to one type of sippy cup, when not drinking she tucks it under her arm like a football
- Playing peek-a-boo with a blanket or her hands covering her eyes
- The outdoors – she wants to be outside ALL THE TIME!
- She has this one hair clip – a winter penguin face/head. It is by far her favorite one to wear and she’ll find it and pretty much demand that it be placed in her hair. My little fashionista :)
- “teef” – also known as teeth, when she sees her toothbrush
- “ticka, ticka, ticka” – seriously the sweetest thing, meaning “tickle, tickle, tickle”
- “ope” – when she would like something opened
- “boo” – for books
- “weeeeeee” – she now uses this for everything that moves (cars, trains) and when she is on her rocking horse
- “I nee” – also know as I need, for when she really wants something
- Signing “thank you”, but more often than not it means please … she is all about thanking in advance :)
- Strawberries and raspberries – she hasn’t liked them before now
- Anything she can dip – hummus, bean dip, soup
- Green bean casserole
- Still obsessed with any and all cheeses, especially ones with a strong/distinct flavor
- Cereal with coconut milk – if she doesn’t feel like her cereal is wet enough, she’ll toss it with her hands until everything is evenly coated!
- Fruit leather
- Scones from the Farmer’s Market
- Orange juice and lemonade (maybe because mama has been loving these lately too!)
- The Costco Sample Tour
100% right-handed, no doubt in my mind
Blog – GFC – Blog Lovin’ – Facebook – Twitter – Pinterest – Vote