Today’s post includes affiliate links. Some items I’ve shared were received as review samples, but, of course, I wouldn’t share if we didn’t truly think these gift ideas were wonderful!
Who knew we’d be having a quarantine Easter this year?!?
I’m definitely disappointed that we won’t be celebrating with our church family this year and honestly, I’m not sure we’ll get dressed up fancy … to just stay at home. Maybe we will opt to take a photo in our jammies while streaming the service to mark this unlikely year …
What I do know is that early on I had decided that I’d be gifting the kids each one main gift rather than lots of little tchotchkes; one thing they’d love and appreciate, a devotional/Easter book, and a few little eggs filled with candy or perhaps a coupon or two. Done and done. Easier on me and better for them!
Here are a few gift ideas for that “one big gift” and below, the devotions I’m considering, and a few coupons I’m planning to type up and tuck into eggs!
American Girl Outfits — Jem is always game for a new outfit for her dolls and the new AG Fashion Show x Clements Twins is absolutely darling!
Calico Critters — These little critters and their homes have proved to be a timeless activity for all of my kids. Everyone loves how sweet the animals are the houses, like the Red Roof Cozy Cottage and Sweet Raspberry Home, are so fun to set up for imaginative play. It would be so fun to gift one building to all the kids and then a little animal set to each child. The Outback Koala Family and the Tuxedo Cat Triplets are two of the cutest!
Petit Collage Magnetic Dress Up — Holy moly! Isn’t this just the cutest?!? I love little contained activities like magnetic dress up people. Quiet fun at its finest.
Playmobil Mermaid Cove — What happens when you merge the quality of Playmobil with the fun of a marble run? It’s the new Mermaid Cove! Jemma and Max have spent so long teaching the little boys how to place the “pearls” in the track and watch them spin through the illuminated dome of the Mermaid Cove. This set comes with five merfolk so it’s perfect for them all to play together. The entire Playmobil Magic line is full of scenes and characters that can grow for hours of entertainment.
Razor Wild Ones Junior Kick Scooter — Outdoor toys are the PERFECT Easter gift option! Because, when those spring rains clear, it’s time to be outside! The new Wild Ones Scooter from Razor is not only adorable, but truly functional for youngsters learning to ride their first scooter. Wild Ones come in a fun shark, dinosaur, or unicorn variety and the thick wheels and wide deck build confidence from the get go.
Perler Beads — Calling all arts and crafts lovers! Perler beads can be a little messy, but hey, what fun isn’t? I’ll confess that I often get behind in ironing Jem’s creations, but she loves it so we keep the perler beads rollin’!
My Little Farm — I was originally drawn to the My Little Farm felt toy because it was designed by a speech pathologist and I’m always on the lookout for toys that will give us extra practice in that area. I love that it can lay flat or be set up 3D too!
Board Games — If you’re over all the corny games that get commercial time, let me direct you to Educational Insights and Peaceable Kingdoms. These two board game companies are the best! We particularly love Frida’s Fruit Fiesta Alphabet Game, Bunny Bedtime, and Hoot Owl Hoot!
Snap Circuits — This has got to be the best quarantine activity. Hours and hours of fun and learning … for all, because yes, I even learn from this fun set!
Pillow Cube — Don’t tell Dom, but the Easter bunny is bringing him a present too! For awhile now we’ve been wanting to upgrade our pillows and after discovering the Pillow Cube I can’t wait for him to give it a try! They say it’s perfect for side sleepers!
Devotions + Christian Books
- A Girl After God’s Own Heart — It says it’s perfect for tweens!
- A Boy After God’s Own Heart
- The Garden, the Curtain, and the Cross
- How Great Is Our God — A new book from Louie Giglio who wrote Indescribable … which is amazing!
- 365 Answers For Curious Kids: An If I could Ask God Anything Devotional
- Found: Psalm 23 — So sweet for the littles :)
Easter Egg Coupons
- Chirp Books — This audiobook site runs daily, super discounted sales. I’m going to give each of the kids a coupon to pick out a new audiobook from here! This link will give you 20% off if you choose to do the same :)
- Late Night Movie — What kid wouldn’t love to send their siblings to bed and then stay up late with mom and dad for a movie night?
- Grocery Store Bonus — Want OREOS? A favorite cereal? A fruit that isn’t in season? You pick and I’ll add it to the list!
- Drive Thru Date — Since most of our go-to activities aren’t an option right now I’m thinking of offering a drive thru date. Pretty sure Max will chose a Panera bagel and Jem LOVES getting a treat from Starbucks these days, lol!