I don’t know if anything will ever beat my 3rd Stitch Fix shipment – the one where I kept everything, but I do know that I truly love Stitch Fix and can’t wait to share what came in fix #4!
More exciting is that my mama jumped on the Stitch Fix wagon and is sharing her 2nd fix today too! So, if you ever thought Stitch Fix was too hip or too young for you or your mama, get ready for a real treat! Stitch Fox covers the generational gamut!
For a little refresher, here is how Stitch Fix works …
- Complete a style profile here, it takes about 15 minutes to notate your size, style preferences, budget, lifestyle, etc. You can even submit the link to a style board on Pinterest!
- Schedule the date you want your fix to arrive – depending on how busy they are, it’s usually about a month out from when you complete your profile.
- A Stitch Fix stylist reviews your profile and hand selects 5 pieces just for you!
- Your fix ships, you get to try on each piece in the comfort of your home and then return whatever you don’t like or doesn’t fit. They even include a styling guide for each piece to give you ideas on how to put together outfits with your fix items.
- Once your box ships you’re charged a $20 styling fee, but that fee is applied to anything you choose to keep so you really don’t lose.
- After you make your final decision you complete a simple checkout online – marking what items you are keeping and giving feedback on everything you received. Was the price right? The size? The style? And then a blank box to add specifics like “too tight on the tummy” or “how did you know this color would look perfect on me!?!” If you keep everything in your box you save 25% off everything! Cool bonus, right?
And now, onto the 5 surprises of my 4th fix and my mama’s 2nd fix!
Top /// Cynthia Graphic Print Mixed Material Tank by Collective Concepts, Pants /// Jonathan Corduroy Skinny Pants by Kut From The Kloth, Jean Jacket /// 2nd Fix and one of my forever favorites of all time
Dress /// Andee Printed Tie Waist Dress by Ezra
Left top /// Stella Colorblock Dolman Sleeve Knit Shirt by Pomelo, Right top /// Praxton Pleat Detail Split Neck Blouse by Skies are Blue
Left Sweater /// Corinna Striped Dolman Top by Market and Spruce, Right Top /// Kellen Split Hem Space Dye Knit Tee by RAG , Pants /// Duboce Straight Leg Jean by Margaret M
Top /// Beckett Graphic Print V-Neck Blouse by 41Hawthorn
We left out one of my mama’s pieces – a less than flattering sweater cardigan that just wasn’t worth documenting. So don’t worry, you do know how to count to five :)
Overall, we loved our pieces – they were the perfect assortment of summer to fall transition. Just what we needed! I had specifically asked for a tunic type dress that could be layered for the fall. I even went as far as sending my stylist this pin for inspiration. I think she did marvelously with the little green number! I even wore it for my birthday earlier this month, summer-izing it a bit since it almost hit 80 that Sunday!
When all was said and done I only kept the green dress. The cords didn’t fit quite right and the black and white and green top weren’t as flattering as I’d hoped. I was super on the fence about the navy/cream/teal top, but in the end I determined I felt a little self conscientious with the cream stripe across my boobs. I wish the cream stripe would have been on the top!
My mama kept the green striped sweater and the sleeveless blouse – doesn’t she look stunning in both!?! The grey top had odd slits up both sides to which we determined it wasn’t quite age appropriate. And the eggplant pants were amazing, just the same style as the green pair she received and loved from her 1st fix so when it came down to packing up our returns she decided she didn’t need two jewel tone skinnies for the fall.
We have another mother daughter fix scheduled for November 13th! Can’t wait! One of these days we may try to loop in my sister too – a Stitch Fix trio!!!
If you haven’t already signed up for Stitch Fix, give it a try! My fixes just keep getting better and better and Stitch Fix would be the perfect service if you’re wanting to add something new to your closet for the holidays :)
SIGN UP HERE
Links included in this post are my referral link and I earn a credit when you sign up through them. And, I give you a big ol’ virtual hug because you allow me to keep the occasional Stitch Fix coming my way. THANK YOU!