Some items listed below were gifted for review purposes. I wouldn’t share if they didn’t truly earn a spot though!
Ever since the Amazon catalog arrived in the mail my crew has been all, “Please add this to my watch list”. That’s what they call their wish list and I love seeing what all they’re hoping for under the tree.
This year we’ve gone real simple with gifts … it has been a gentle slope easing up on the gift portion of Christmas. I think I’ll actually pop back in these next few weeks and share exactly what each of the kids will be opening, but, for now, here’s a fun gift guide featuring some of their “watch list” favorites and other items I’ve had my eye on that I know a wide array of kids will love.
I’ve really started phasing out character toys, but not superheroes. My boys play them all the time! The most loved superhero play is when there is a coordinating vehicle and the Web Spinning Hauler is a great one!
If you have a little musician (I’d say ages 5-10), they’re going to love this roll up drum pad. With six different rhythms, volume control, and extra sound effects, kids will get a chance to test out their love of drumming before they potentially convince you to buy a full-size set.
Ready for the round up of our favorite board games from this last year? From age 4-12, you can’t go wrong with any of these!
- Election Night! – Who’s ready to battle for electoral votes and stretch their U.S. geography knowledge? I’ve even loved the politics refresh this game offers.
- Machi Koro – A dear friend recommended this game and boy, has it been a hit! Just the right amount of strategy without lasting endless hours.
- Blobby’s Pizza – Bright colors and cute monsters make this math game extra fun … and totally educational.
- Sequence for Kids – Perfect for pre-readers and it’s a quick game which I appreciate.
- Code Names Disney Edition – Code Names is always a blast, but the Disney edition makes it all the more better for our family!
Littles may need to team up on a few of them, but teams are half the fun!
My kids hike in their Keens and they play in snow in their Keens. These shoes are sturdy and truly up for the task of keeping kids feet safe in all the elements. What I love most though, is that they are durable enough to hand down from kid to kid. Max’s first pair is now Eli’s … that means they’ve weathered through THREE BOYS and I fully anticipate them making it to Charlie. Check off your child’s “need” or “wear” gift category with a pair of Keens winter weather boots – Snow Troll Waterproof Boots, Howser Chukkas, The Greta, or The Kootenay – neither of you will be disappointed.
Max chose this book as his souvenir from the Houston Zoo and he absolutely loves it … as do his brothers. I foresee this one getting read page by page over and over. There is a Dinosaur! version too.
We’ve gone through our fair share of headphones over the years and I’m super impressed with these ones! They’re lightweight, have kid-safe volume, and still, great sound quality. This pair even has an audio splitter for easy sharing.
Do you kids ask you what day it is EVERY SINGLE DAY? Mine do! Because of that, this year, they’re getting their own tear off calendars. We’re keeping them in the bathroom so while they brush their teeth they can check the day and tuck away a little bit of knowledge like a Bible verse, travel tid bit, or dose of encouragement.
I love nothing more than a fab collab and Bomba x Eric Carle is exactly that! Pair this darling sock set with a beloved Eric Carle book and your little reader will get to turn pages in comfort and style.
A giant gold star goes to the team at Keke who developed their Grab-and-Go bag. My boys are in love and best of all, it’s one of those gifts that can grow! These sturdy bags house learning activity pouches that can be swapped out with the Keke subscription where there is always new fun to be had. Keke stands for “keep every kid engaged” and these bags and activities do just that!
Our family will forever love Paint By Sticker books. They are no-mess, no-screen fun that are the perfect activity for home, in the car, at restaurants, planes, trains … you name it! Plus, they keep coming out with new ones. The latest being Rainbows Everywhere and Holly Jolly Christmas. So cute!
The one gift I recommend over and over is a Yoto Player. It comes in both a mini, perfect for on-the-go, and a full size. Over the last two years we have all used our Yoto – road trips, for homeschooling, as we fall asleep, as our morning family listen. The possibilities are endless and Yoto keeps coming out with new, great cards. Seriously, snag one for 10% off – you will adore it! I’ll add too that their customer service is exceptional which is always reassuring when purchasing technology.
The BEST baby/toddler gift. Charlie has this and loves it and I’ve never seen it priced so low. No brainer!
I bought this subscription for Max for his birthday and it was/is a huge win. Our whole family looks forward to our Writings from the Wild letter each month. Through the end of November 6 month subscriptions are 15% off with code BLACKFRIDAY22.
Your littles will love the coziness of tentree’s sweatsuits! I love the colors and patterns and the quality can’t be beat. Charlie has been such a fan. And, for your outdoor lovin’ kids – don’t miss tentree’s darling graphic tees. Hello, mushrooms! SO STINKIN’ CUTE! Plus, for a limited time kid’s items are buy 3, get 30% off.
Dollhouses are grand, but creating a Dino land … yeah, I think that’s potentially better! Plus, Skillmatics has infused this playset with STEM building that makes this set both fun and educational.
Tula blankets are for babies and beyond! My big kids still use theirs for cuddles and recently they’ve become everyone’s favorite cape. I can’t get over the fabulous prints Tula offers too – dinos, leopards, sun bears, and so much more!
If you’re on the lookout for beautiful, Montessori style toys you have to browse kiko+ & gg*. I love the simplicity of dominoes and these star ones are lovely. It’s amazing how long my crew will play with dominoes! And we love using them as counters for math as well.
Ok, real quick, let’s talk about the some awesome anchor stocking stuffer options for the littles in your life!
- Bentgo Water Bottle – The one and only Bentgo has new water bottles in the cutest patterns!
- Embeba Soothe Patches – My kids love these, 10x better than band-aids, really everything from Embeba rocks.
- Guess In 10 – Pick your favorite theme – Marvel, Food Around the World, Deadly Dinosaurs, and many, many more – and get playing! You’ll love this fast-paced, family-friendly game. It’s definitely our new favorite.
- Training Chopsticks – Bring the fun to the dinner table with this awesome duo of training chopsticks! Find other $5ish stocking stuffer options here.
- Tally Counter – I fully expect these will be a HUGE hit this year.
- Weleda Toothpaste – Kind of boring? A great stocking filler? Definitely.
- Avauma Pajamas – The very best pajamas. I pretty much want to switch over to just these. Coziest snuggles!
- Cat’s Cradle – A dose of our childhood on to the next generation!