I’ve been unpacking and sorting for days.
Moving unearths the most tragic amount of random stuff and I’m bound and determined to give each and every thing an organized place or send it on its way.
As overwhelming as it has been to move over the holidays, it has been great too because my mom is on Christmas break and she volunteered her whole break to help me! I’ve focused on all the move details while she has jumped in with childcare, various projects, and the most amazing meals. Like, I’ve not eaten this good in a long time. Penne rosa, chicken florentine, annnnnnnnd chicken curry rice just to name a few.
Yesterday she and Jemma made the second round of chicken curry rice by my request and it’s definitely a go to meal around here now. Such rich flavors (hints of cinnamon, ya’ll!) and amazing texture. I’m not too shy to say that I have two bowls with each batch. It’s that good!
As an end of the year present, here’s the recipe for you :)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed/minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Pat of butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/3 cup water
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Rotisserie chicken pieces, chopped
- In a Dutch oven saute the chopped onion, garlic cloves, cinnamon, lemon juice, curry powder, and turmeric in the butter and olive oil until lightly browned. Add rice and toss until toasted. Add water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow it to sit, covered, for an additional 5 minutes. Fluff and add in cashews, cilantro, and rotisserie chicken.