Oh. My. Goodness. I cannot wait for you to try this recipe!
Grilled cheese has always been a comfort food of mine so when the weather cools and the holidays are around the corner, you can pretty much bet that grilled cheese is on my mind. But, as I’ve gotten older, wiser, and more refined (ha!) my grilled cheese game has grown up. So much so that this recipe has way more potential than a quick lunch — although I won’t fault you if you opt for that! Truly, add this recipe to your holiday appetizer line up and watch your family and friends swoon. It’s simple. It’s fancy. It’s starring this decadent ingredient …
Have you tried goat cheese before? I’ll admit, I’ve always been adventurous with cheeses so goat cheese is a familiar favorite. But, if it’s new to you, this recipe featuring Joan of Arc traditional goat cheese is a perfect introduction to the land of fancy cheese. It’s creamy with a slight tang and really takes dishes to the next level.
And that honey butter glaze? It almost caramelizes on the bread! Pretty much, you’re in for a real treat with this recipe.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey + more
- 6 pieces buttermilk bread
- 1 pear, sliced thin
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Joan of Arc traditional goat cheese
- In a saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons honey. Coat one side of each piece of bread with the honey butter using a pastry brush.
- Thoroughly heat a cast iron skillet and build your sandwich. Lay down a piece of bread (honey butter side down), add shredded mozzarella, top with sliced pears and drizzle honey on top. On the other piece of bread, spread a thick layer of goat cheese and place on top. Cover the sandwich with a saucepan lid or tin foil tent. This locks in the heat and helps it grill 10x better.
- Grill over low heat for 3-4 minutes, flip and grill for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to rest. Trim the crust and cut into triangle bites. Repeat with each sandwich for a total of three sandwiches/12 triangles.
- Arrange on an appetizer platter and garnish with extra slices of pears and goat cheese crumbles.
Whether you’re plating up a holiday cracker and cheese spread, mixing up a side salad, or opting for a delicious appetizer like my grilled cheese bites — CHOOSE GOAT CHEESE! You and your guests won’t be disappointed!
Curious about other ways to enjoy goat cheese? Hop over to Laura’s blog and see what she created!
Totally pinned this for a SASSY with a chance of FANCY for wine tastings! <3
Oh yes, this paired with wine would be DIVINE!
thank you for sharing…looking good