I’ve always been a fan of these types of posts. I shall blame my snoopy self for wondering what other mamas carry in their giant bags of survival …
For the most part, I think I’m pretty basic when it comes to stocking my purse/diaper bag/mom tote. But maybe, just maybe, you’ll be surprised by a thing or two. Here it goes — closing out the year with an official “What’s In My Bag?” reveal!
What You Might Expect:
- Wallet — My forever favorite.
- Sunnies — Because I wear my sunglasses at night …
- Fingerless Gloves — How else are you supposed to function as a mom in the winter?
- Diapers + Wipes — Obviously!
- Headphones — For when I escape for solo writing time.
- Coupon Stash — Gotta save those dolla bills (and cents) whenever and wherever I can!
- Reusable Bag — Plastic is banned in my county and these are the best.
- Mentos Gum — Pregnancy obsession or just plain awesome? I’m not sure.
What You Might Not Expect:
I keep a stocked toiletry type bag in my purse too. It’s that floral Orla Kiley number. In it you’ll find some of the more important purse essentials like thick lotion, I hate nothing more than dry hands; Hyland’s Bumps and Bruises, Max’s cure-all; Lipstick (and chapstick), to brighten my crazy “Do Everything” days; a mini oil stash, for mini emergencies; and a variety of panty liners for yours truly, for bigger emergencies.
As my mama years have tallied up I’ve found it pretty near essential to keep both Poise liners for light bladder leakage and regular pantyliners for my touch and go periods on hand. It’s just part of motherhood! And better to be safe than sorry, amiright? When it all comes down to it, I never want to miss out on life’s adventures with my kiddos because of my weakening pelvic floor. That’s just lame.
What are some of your purse essentials? Share what you keep in the depths of your on the go survival kit :) I love love love learning from other experienced mamas!