Loving /// experiencing Christmas time with a 3 year old. It’s freakin’ magical! Everyday she talks about baking a cake for Jesus’ birthday, coloring pictures to leave for Santa and picking out a gift for Max. It snowed this week and I’ve planted a firm obsession with hot almond milk cocoa in my girl’s heart. Oh Christmas, we love you ’round here!
Wishing /// some of my favorite people didn’t live so far away. We’ve got family and close friends in Idaho, California, Texas and Georgia now. I want everyone home for the holidays! And this … I’m wishing for this too :)
Moving /// bedrooms around … AGAIN. Last month we were asked if we would welcome a second international student into our home from January through June and we said yes! So, goodbye guest room – hello second teenager!
Riding /// Rody. Well, the kids are. This guy provides so much laughter around here. I’m thinkin’ we’ll need a second in the next year so Jem + Max can race :)
Needing /// a little self-control with holiday baking. But everything is SO good. Last night I made these and these and they were both perfection.
Plusalso, I’m finally working on an alphabet book for the kids! We’ll see how long it takes me … some of my favorites so far are C for coffee, H for horse, U for uncle and W for wear (as in babywearing).
And, a few other links to share …
- Churchy Phrases That Are Scaring Off Millenials
- MUST READ /// How to Raise a Pagan Kid in a Christian Home
- Why Most Families Have Two Children
- What To Eat When You’re Broke
- Birth Settings – awesome infographic!
- Why the World Has a Screwed Up View on Breastfeeding and Some Things We Can Do To Help
- Chocolate Fondue – made this for Hannah’s bachelorette party, yum!
- Essential Oils and Vaccinations
- 10 Things Never to Say to a Co-Sleeping Parent
- Superfood Chocolate Pudding Cups – making ASAP!
- This Is Important
- Current Psychology Studies Every Parent Should Know
These were seriously all so wonderful. The internets is puttin’ out good stuff these days! Enjoy and happy almost weekend!
P.S. Have you joined the deal site, The Clymb? They offer family friendly, outdoorsy type of things. Right now they have Strider bikes! By signing up here, you and I both earn $15 to shop! Deals, I love ’em!
/// Follow That Mama Gretchen on Facebook and take a peek at this month’s featured sponsor ///
(Visited 122 times, 1 visits today)