I really wanted Jemma and Max to share a room. I thought it would be sweet – all Hansel and Gretel, you know. Buuuuut, they just weren’t having it. Max was keeping Jemma awake. Jemma didn’t like the top bunk like I’d hoped, their personalities are polar opposite, and between the two of them, I was struggling to properly organize their clothes and toys. It was doable, but no one was happy.
Sooooooooo … Jemma got bumped to the spare room!
For quite awhile this room wasn’t available because it was reserved for the international students we hosted. But, when the school year ended and our girls transitioned to college, we set our sights on a little makeover so Jemma could be settled in her own space before her 6th birthday. And that’s this coming Sunday!
My sweet girl, my KINDERGARTENER, is officially livin’ large in her very own room! I adore how it turned it. It’s so her. It smells like lavender and sunshine. She always has classical music or lullabies playing in her CD player and most days there is art work, books, and LEGO creations covering every flat surface.
Jem and I had a wonderful time picking out all the little details for her room. We repurposed items from around the house and spent many an afternoon organizing her things. As packages arrived in the mail (like this and this!) she squealed with happiness! Her bed was part of a bunk bed set that my sister and I grew up sharing and some dear friends gifted us the white cabinets that flank her window.
If I’m being perfectly honest, Jemma’s room is my favorite room in the house. It’s complete, beautiful, and such a space filled with joy.
- Bed — Similar here, here, and here
- Duvet — Target, similar, and even better
- Quilt — Anthropologie, similar
- Metallic Heart Sheets — Target
- Heart Pillow – IKEA
- Canvas Family Photo of “The Original Three” — LCS Photography
- Oregon Map Print — c/o Minted
- Disneyland Print — c/o Heather Mettra
- “I’ll Eat You Up I Love You So” – Hobby Lobby
- Butterfly Cutout — IKEA
- “Whatever Is Lovely” — She Reads Truth
- Flamingos and “Be Bold” — Trader Joe’s Greeting Cards
- Gold Frames — IKEA, available in 4×6, 5×7, 12×16
- Baby Dress — Jemma’s Grandma’s Infant Dress
- Lace Frame — IKEA
- Esther 4:14 Bible Verse — Tangled Inspirations
- Rhopalocera Curtains in Hydrangia — c/o Minted
- Unicorn Head — Target
- Paper Lace Garland, made with this
- Ceiling Plants — IKEA
- Fabric Letter Name Garland — Little shop in Leavenworth
- Pink Flowers — Magnolia Market
- Votive Glass Candle Holder — glassybaby
- Lamp — Target, similar
- Book Basket — similar
- Classic Books — Rifle Paper Co.
- Classic Flexibound Books — Word Cloud Classics
- WellieWisher Books — American Girl
- Battery Operated Candles — Costco, similar
- “J” Cutout Book — Gift
- Mother and Daughter Figure — Willow Tree
- Vase — Thrifted
- Glass Slipper — Gift
Wire Basket With Hooks — Target
- Dress — Carters
- Jean Jacket — GAP
- Necklace — Madre Beads