This #OREOCookieBalls shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
I know Halloween just passed, but it seems like the winter holidays are in full swing. Am I right? Thanksgiving and Christmas are filling the stores and I’m taking mental notes of recipes (like these OREO ones!) and 100 other preparations to ring in the thankfulness and joy of the season. November and December are gonna be packed with fun this year!
All the activities and gatherings keep this extrovert happy, but, at night, when all is calm and mama time begins I want nothing more than a warm drink and a sweet snack. It’s not a secret that I’m a night owl – 1 AM is prime time around here (in fact, it’s 12:54 PM right now as I type!) and I’ve got the perfect midnight snack by my side. Tailored just for mama, these OREO Cookie Balls are full of sweet with just a hint of heat; Definitely the ideal Thanksgiving dessert or part of a “Hey, I’m Thankful For You” bundle for a special friend or teacher in your life.
With my growing to do list around the holidays, Dominic has been taking on bedtime every so often and I’ve been running errands in the late evening. Walmart was on my weekly run last week and I decided to test run a fancy version of OREO Cookie Balls – a Spiced Mexican Chocolate twist inspired by one of my favorite movies, Chocolat. First ingredient … OREOS!
It didn’t take long to transform ^^^ into these yummy balls …
Official OREO Cookie Ball Ingredients
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
Spiced Mexican Additional Ingredients
- 1 vanilla bean, sliced and the pods scraped out ( or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended. Add in the vanilla bean pods, cinnamon, instant espresso and cayenne it kick it up!
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
No bake sweets are some of my favorite and these did not disappoint. And now, when my to do list rests for the evening and mama time begins I can sit, sip, and snack with something just for me!
For more great ideas and fabulous OREO Cookie Ball recipes, please visit our hub for all things OREO!