Today is a happy day, my friends! I’ve crossed off a BIG project from my list … well, technically two!
First, our entire house now has blinds! If you’re a homeowner, or if you’re thinking of becoming one, don’t forget to plan and budget for blinds! Through both a personal purchase and a partnership with Blinds.com Dominic and I have outfitted every single window. Woohoo! The majority of our windows have the Blinds.com 2” Faux Wood Blinds. They’re sturdy, chic and totally affordable. We installed our first blinds over a year ago and I’m still pleased with our purchase. That says a lot about me because I tend to have home decor purchase regret on occasion. Am I the only one? I think it has a lot to do with my battle with contentment :/
The final room we installed blinds in was Jemma’s room and that’s my other completed project – her room is finished and today you’re all getting a tour! And it is a lesson in contentment for sure since I didn’t go shopping to complete it – I simply gathered treasures we already had that fit her personality! And it worked! But, first, the sweetest story …
The day I wrapped up Jemma’s room with a few frames on the wall, she crawled into her bed for nap, called me over and said, “Mama, I just really love how you decorated my room. Thank you sooooo much!”
She knew I’d been working on little things on and off, but I hadn’t really voiced my efforts to her. On her own accord, she recognized the transformation and thanked me, from the bottom of her heart. This girl has genuine and heart felt thank you skills down pat!
Now, my almost 4 year old’s room! Her birthday is tomorrow and I’m just a puddle of emotions over it. Like every year.
I knew I wanted faux wood blinds in Jemma’s room, just like the rest of our house, but opted for a special version, the Bali 2” Faux Wood Blinds in Coconut (with a cordless lift!), yep, cordless! Rather than drawing them up with a cord, you simply lift and it retracts. Then, to pull down, you just give it a gentle tug with two hands. Easy!
Jemma’s room transformation came together without much expense. And I’m happy about that. Really! There’s nothing like turning a blank space into something special. And Jem definitely thinks her “pink and fancy gold” room is special. Here’s the rundown of her treasures …
- Bed /// A true vintage piece … it was mine growing up!
- Duvet cover /// STENKLÖVER, IKEA
- Curtains /// Urban Outfitters, last year
- Blinds /// c/o Blinds.com
- White Bookshelf /// thrifted + repainted, added gold polka dots from Designeee
- Cream bureau + dresser /// thrifted
- Princess dress collection /// my mama’s Etsy shop, Heart of Gold Princess
- Chalkboard platter /// DIY here
- Closet lace bunting /// leftover decor from my sister’s wedding
- I’ll Eat You Up I Love You So print /// Hobby Lobby
- Dollhouse /// Craigslist
- Collage wall …
- Guardian angel /// sewn by my mom 20+ years ago for my childhood room
- Esther 4:14 print /// gift from my bestie who now has an Etsy shop called Tangled Inspirations, glitter frame on clearance at Michaels
- Embroidery hoops /// thrifted and filled with random fabric scraps, the prettiest one from Little Long Love’s adoption fundraiser
- Whatever You Do print /// She Reads Truth
- Whatever Is Lovely print /// free printable from Danielle Burkleo’s blog, Take Heart
- Rocking chair /// the one my mama rocked me in
- Quilt /// handmade by a church friend for my Grammy’s 75th birthday
That about covers it! I like how it turned out, not perfect, but what is? I had grand hopes of painting the walls white (so. tired. of. beige.), but painting just isn’t my thing.
What really matters – Jemma loves it. She goes to her room to play and imagine often. That dollhouse gets played with for hours – do you see the ponies starring down a sleeping Prince Charming? She is constantly changing in and out of her princess dresses too. I love that bureau because it’s just the perfect height for her. She also listens to music and audio books – her favorites being Swan Lake, the Nutcracker and another we can “Ocean music”. It’s the perfect little space for her!
And Captain America thinks it is perfect for him too :) It was virtually impossible to snap these few photos before he came flying in!
Blinds.com has two big specials going on this month that tie in perfectly with room transformations …
- For the month of October there are special savings as a part of the Blinds.com Safer For Kids Collection. Take a peek – lots to learn about ways to keep our little one’s rooms safer!
- There is also a Blinds.com Free Cordless Sale. Normally the cordless feature is an addition $40-$60 per window – not this month … FREE! Which means you could get your whole house cordless if you wanted for no extra cost!
And, they’ve generously offered a $100 gift card to one of you (to be used towards blinds, drapes … whatever you want)! You know the Rafflecopter drill …
Oh, and there is a bonus from Tangled Inspirations – any print the winner would like from the shop!
Don’t stop here – Blinds.com has a GRAND PRIZE going on this month too. A $2500 gift card is up for grabs! Enter here!
Blinds.com provided blinds for Jemma’s room and a few other rooms in our home. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own :)