Lately, bed time has been like clock work around here. Pajamas, teeth, stories, Bible, prayers, milk and then lights out. Max at 7pm and Jem by 7:30pm. It’s glorious. We’re raising little sleep lovers around these parts. Once everyone is tucked in Dominic begins a house project or snuggles himself onto the couch and I head to my desk.
In my quiet little corner of the play room I organize my thoughts, blog, edit photos, answer emails, brainstorm or research posts for my Baby Gizmo or What To Expect articles and pen my to do list for the coming day. Did you catch that? I’m writing over at What To Expect now too! Yippee! It is so reassuring to have this time. My mama time, where only the hum of the baby monitor and the soft sounds of Pandora interrupt my thoughts.
In case you’re wondering …
- My desk is from college (a hand me down from a graduating senior)
- The white shelves are from IKEA
- The baskets are from Michaels
- The file holder/mailbox thing on the left and the cork board were from TJ Maxx, I think
- My chair was thrifted and will be painted white in short order (thank you Annie Sloan, gosh I am in love with that stuff!)
- The lamp was swiped (with permission) from my sister’s room when we moved out of my parents
So, pretty much, if you like anything, you can’t have it, because it’s practically all one of a kind :) Sorry!
No rooms are fully complete at the new house yet, but the play room/my desk corner are definitely the farthest along. I’m thinking of doing a home tour soon – well, a we-are-moved-but-nothing-is-totally-done-yet tour just to show the internet that real life isn’t like Pinterest. What say you? Interested in seeing my dining room that is still half full of U-Haul boxes? Entertain me and say yes … pretty please!
(Visited 63 times, 1 visits today)