Adriel of The Mommyhood Memos is spearheading a fabulous project for Mother’s Day! It’s easy to become involved. Here’s what you need to know …
- The maternal death rate in Papua New Guinea is 1 in 7. Think for a moment how many friends you know who have experienced birth in the last year. I can easily think of 14, maybe even 21 that I know in real life. Many more if I could my internet friends. Now imagine if 2 of those friends were gone, and their babies were alone.
- A clean birth kit can make all the difference. Mamas in Papua New Guinea have a much better chance at surviving birth with a clean birth kit. They only cost $2-3 to prepare or with a donation of $10 you can sponsor 5 kits!
- Assemble your own kit(s) and mail to Adriel in Australia, address here
- Make an online donation here, write “Bloggers for Birth Kits” in the box that says “additional comments” so the funds will be allocated properly
- Raise awareness on Facebook, your blog, Twitter, etc., use #B4BirthKits
- Add the Bloggers for Brith Kits button to your blog, here’s the code: <a href=”http://themommyhoodmemos.com/bloggers-for-birth-kits” target=”_blank”><img alt=”The Mommyhood Memos Bloggers for Birth Kits” src=”http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m223/adrielmc/bloggersforbirthkitslogo125.jpg” /></a>
It breaks my heart to think that mamas in Papua New Guinea won’t have the same opportunity I have to experience the blessing of motherhood. I’m excited to be participating in Bloggers for Birth Kits for the 2nd year and hope you will jump on board too!
Blog – GFC – Blog Lovin’ – Facebook – Twitter – Pinterest – Vote